The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources 2022 Marine Information Calendars are now available in locations along the coast.
The agency held a photo contest earlier this year, and the chosen photos are featured monthly, as well as on the photo calendar pages.
The photo contest winners are: Cover, Joan McCool; January, Tammy Umpstead; February, Mai Dang; March, Sonny Schindler; April, Gary Crossland; May, Jeff Baldock; June, Caroline W. Shaw; July, Bob Effinger; August, Lisa Lindsey; September, Courtney Walker; October, B. Hammond; November, Diane Moore; December, Van Garrard.
This year’s calendar features the offices and programs administered by the MDMR to protect these coastal resources. The free calendar also contains information such as tide data, sunrise and sunset times, moon phases, artificial reef coordinates, fish size and possession limits, safety requirements nautical and Mississippi saltwater fish records.
Calendars will be available at the following locations while supplies last. Calendars will also be available at Coast bait shops.
- Bay Saint Louis:
• The Sea Coast Echo, 835 Hwy 90 Suite #8, 228-467-5473
• Biloxi Visitors Center, 1050 Beach Blvd., 228-374-3105
• Mississippi Department of Marine Resources, 1141 Bayview Ave., 228-374-5000
• Mississippi State University Coastal Extension and Research Center, 1815 Popp’s Ferry Road, 228-388-4710
• Hope Community Credit Union, 188 Porter Avenue, 228-374-1554
• Gautier Town Hall, 3330 Aut. 90, 228-497-8000
• Federal Gulf Coast Community Credit Union, 12364 Hwy. 49, 228-539-7029
• WXXV Fox 25, 14351 Hwy. 49, 228-832-2525
• Gulfport City Hall, 2309 15th St. 228-868-5700
- Long Beach:
• Long Beach City Hall, 201 Jeff Davis Ave, 228-863-1556
- Moss Tip:
• Grand Bay NERR, 6005 Bayou Heron Rd., 228-475-7047
- Sources from the ocean:
• Ocean Springs Chamber of Commerce, 1000 Washington Ave., 228-875-4424
• Gulf States Marine Fisheries Commission, 2404 Government St., 228-875-5912
• Ocean Springs Harbour, 1310 Harbor Road, 228-872-5754
• Jackson County Chamber of Commerce, 720 Krebs Avenue, 228-762-3391
• Wayne Lee Grocery, 1317 Telephone Road, 228-762-4101
- Christian pass:
• Pass Christian Water Department, 200 West Scenic Drive 228-452-3311
• Pass Christian Harbor Master’s Office, 115 Market St., 228-452-5128